View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #7
wretched73

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
If you don't want to bother re-using media I would just stick with sand since it's cheap, works well and easy to get. I like using the red garnet because it cuts fast in the cabinet, but it is a little more difficult to get, more expensive and it doesn't come in large quantities like sand (not that I have found really). My cousin gave me a siphon blaster. I was going to use sand in it. He didn't like it because the sand didn't feed well because it was wet. I was planning on putting the sand on the stove or in the oven to cook the water out of it before I used it. I also have a sifting screen so it would be easy to re-use
What sand do you use and where do you get it local? I've heard play sand but the grain size isn't uniform so I thought there were feeding issues.

Sand might be a bit heavy for the oven. If you have a dehumidifier you can put the sand next to it for a few days or a week. It will slowly pull most of the moisture out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Sand? You need some sand???

If you want to get rid of the sand, bring it tomorrow. Jackson is 83.5% sand anyway, dump it in the woods behind my house.
1988 TRX 250R- Ported w/ high compression on 110 octane- Out 60' your LT1

Jersey Shore Street Car Takeover (JSSCT) Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
and once i get PHB, what do i ajust it too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Seven.
wretched73 is offline   Reply With Quote