View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #13
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
Thanks, Kevin. I don't have the trained eye to be able to pick out the "pigs with lipstick" and watching that Gas Monkey Garage show made me realize that even experts can make mistakes on purchases and end up losing big money. Since I want to have the car minitubbed and a roll bar installed, the car will need to go to a fabricator anyway and will need to be disassembled. That makes me think that a rolling shell like the one I posted previously is a safe bet rather than taking a gamble on a completed car that may have been poorly patched up. I'm not looking to make a show car, but I want the metal on the car to be in good condition so it can last as long as my 4th gen last me, you know?

I found a post on Team Camaro last week that I'm going to try and dig up. The guy was saying that he bought a completed car to turn into a pro-tourer, but in the end of the day, he spent so much money on fixing the body work and hidden rust, that he concluded it would have been cheaper to start from bare, new sheetmetal since he was replacing so much of the car anyway.

Inspection is key.

BTW you can do mini tubs and a roll bar in a finished car.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote