View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
TaKid455

1978 t/a G-machine.

After 7 years of on & off building this car, I am call it done for now. All systems are working and have not had any notable issues in the last 1800 miles or so. Drove the car to OH totaling 1400 miles for that trip. No issues and it ran great. Observed Hwy mileage was 17-19 MPG. Used the car for some local trills since that trip and I have to say I need to get used to this machine. Much different than your average 2nd gen T/A. Def demands respect. Perhaps I can find a road course where I can test some limits and tune the suspension. Overall, I enjoy the car and like the final product. T56 is awesome. Those in debate should just pucker up and do it. 2800 rpm in 6th = 100mph. Car is stable at 140 too :0 . Handling is compared to a modified modern sports car. Where the average 2nd gen nears limits in turns this thing feels effortless. EFI is the cat’s a$$. Let it sit for a month, turn the key and it fires right up.
Think the only thing I would change would not paint the underside. It is nice, but rarely to people look at it being the low stance of the car and it’s a PITA to keep clean. Would also consider using an aftermarket A/C system rather than utilize the bulky stock system to clean up the engine bay.
As planned, this year and part of next are beauty queen years attending shows. However, the emphasis on shows is dwindling and focus on having fun is picking up. I have observed these typs of builds for most local shows are over the top for the average show gower who judges cars by either chalk mark correctness or big giant blower from engine/ bling. While those that know are ‘wowed’, most don’t understand the engineering and planning to modify a car and integrate those systems so it ‘appears’ stock.
Making a list of things for next season which will include higher rate front springs (700-750#), various hose / tube clamps to secure engine bay plumbing neater, brake duct cooling intakes, & dial-in suspension. Also send tack back to autometer so it doesn’t stick at 3k rpm and decide to work normally at random. Did a search and it seems to be common.

Specs/ intro
455 ( KRE heads, Hyd roller cam, EFI, ect ect) /T56 (C5R)
10 bolt w/ Eaton True Trac & 3.73 gears
18" Forgeline Rims wrapped in Toyo T1R tires
3" exhaust w/ X pipe trough Spintech mufflers

c5/6 brakes on all 4 corners w/ Hydroboost

Global West control arms
Aldan Eagle coil overs
custom Watt's link
VES/ Rancho sway bars w/ PT Fbody brace

fully welled subframe w/ through body SFC's.
Interior sprayed w/ Lizard Skin heat & sound deadener.

CDT speakers W/ JL amp <-- sounds great
Cerullo seats w/ interior made to match
modified gauges by Gaugemarks

+ much more

Did a photo shoot this weekend, will attempt some more in the next couple weeks when the fall foliage peaks. Called some local photo people but they expressed little interest thus I I said screw it took some myself. Basic point & shoot Cannon.
Chillin’ on nice back road (one my testing roads). Too bad dude in front was asleep at the wheel.

Loc 1

Loc 2

Pre-requisite wheel shots

Future stable mate shot form a while back.

Last edited by TaKid455; 10-15-2012 at 12:24 PM.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote