View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #9
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I'll see ya there then. I'm with a team based out of Rockaway NJ. We began our build in January. It has come a LONG way. We are building a mid 90's Nissan 240sx. Already replaced the dead engine and transmission with ones from a better car. All sorts of work to get it running but it does. Ran all new fuel lines, brake lines, pulley setups, big radiator with two huge puller fans, heat extractor vents in the hood, and air intake vents to cool the brakes, our roll cage kit arrives this week and we start installing that on saturday. We went with a corbeau seat and still have to install it and make our own mount/slider setup.

I decided to only be a crew member and not a driver as my budget does not allow at this time. Even though we started two months ago, it is pretty astounding the amount of $ its taking to get the project race ready. Im shocked at the thousands of dollars the main team members are putting into this project. So I just wrench on the car and will be there at NJMP in may to do the same. FYI, you will need to buy proper fire suit and helmet if you dont already own one.

The main team members came up with the theme for our car and it is pretty catchy. The Inspector Gadget mobile. We have to make our own rear window louvers and other items but we do have a powerful PA speaker setup to be playing the inspector gadget theme song WHILE RACING on the course. It might get annoying after the first few hours though.

Good luck with the build. See ya there. Feel free to bounce any questions you have my way if need be.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 03-25-2015 at 07:24 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote