Thread: liquid nitrogen
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 11:33 AM   #6
DieselKickYoAss4Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injuneer
The benefits of cryogenic treatment include increased strength, reduced stress risers caused by manufacturuing processes, claimed resistance to abrasion, and a few other claims. I don't think I've ever seen anyone claim that it makes the parts "slippery as if oild". The main advantages are increased strength and longer life. Popular treatment for brake rotors, since it can double their life in high temperature racing applications. Keith at ws6.com used cryogenic treatment to extend the life of his Baer cross-drilled rotors from 5,000 miles to 18,000 miles. If it made the parts "slippery as oild", it wouldn't be a good idea for a brake rotor.

If I recall correctly, pricing is "per pound", and the cost ranges from $1-$2/pound.

I don't see cryogenics adding any HP... and definitely not 100HP. Perhaps you could build a stronger engine, and make extra HP out of it with something like a little more nitrous, or bigger heads/cam, but the HP doesn't come from the cryogenic treatment, its the result of being able to make more power because the parts are stronger.
now heres where i prove you completely wrong i go school for diesel mechanics. last year the teacher sent a 16 liter cat out to be processed before we dissasembled the engine we put it on the engine dyno we got the parts back and just recently put them back together and gained 75 horses and a masive amount of torq
when you notice the differece is when you put the pistons back into the cylinders they slide right in
1995 Pontiac bonneville daily
DieselKickYoAss4Sure is offline   Reply With Quote