View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #9
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Thanks guys. I am totally still in shock as to how this all played out. As per the owner, the car needs nothing. It might need some air in the tires from sitting but he knows of no work that it needs. He mentioned he was going to hope to get it out and around this year... who know, maybe my email perked him up a little bit.

He sent me this photo, and as I said it is over 10 years ago that this was taken. It is a cell phone photo he took of a framed photo he has (you can see the cell phone reflection in the glass). I blurred out the name on the sign (which in all likelihood was hand-lettered by my father), but the area I blacked out was repainted to show the current owners name and not Ken Martin as it originally did. I also blacked out the lady's face since for all I know it could be the owner's wife and I wish to respect their privacy. This photo is old for sure, I can't remember the last time I have seen women posing in front of cars at events.. but you know what.. I sure wish that would happen again as it did back in the 80's an 90s. The woman by the car is not my Aunt, so this photo serves as a good form of proof. Along with the text of the email he sent me, I know that without a doubt the car really is where he says it is.

I included just a few of the awards that I happened to have taken photos of on my uncle's wall long long ago. I have looked through my old Super Chevy mags for photos of the car, since Super Chevy often did include photos of their events in the back of the magazines. I seem to be missing some of the mags from the years mentioned on the awards, and I know that my dad has some up in his attic so I'll have to look deeper there. If anyone has old copies of those month/year mags and felt like looking for me, that would be AWESOME.

The future plan is to establish a good chain of communication with the owner in hopes that he may keep me updated about his plans for the car. If he is to get it out and cleaned up and plans on bringing it to a show, i will gladly make the trip in my car and bring a camera and the photos/mags/media I have for him to see. I plan on sending him high quality full color copies of what I have as well. I don't want to get ahead of myself or make him feel like I am hounding him, so I am going to go about this delicately. As you guys could assume, I would jump at the chance to buy this car and I would find a way to find the finances. If he is not selling it, no problem. I will leave my contact info with him in hopes that he would consider calling me before ever putting it on the open market.

MEGA BUCKS My late uncle's 1975 Pro Street camaro. Found 25 years later by David Martin, on Flickr

MEGA BUCKS My late uncle's 1975 Pro Street camaro. Found 25 years later by David Martin, on Flickr

Last edited by IROCZman15; 02-11-2019 at 06:36 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote