View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Brando56894
15 Second Club

Weird Audio Problem

I figured I'd pop my head in and let all the old members know that I'm still alive

I just swapped the front speakers on my 98 Plymouth Breeze since the front driver-side was blown. All was well when I was listening to a CD in Pioneer (?) head unit. But when I plugged my Droid Incredible in via the aux in jack and switched to aux input the driver-side speaker was cracking real bad and I could barely hear the music, yet the passenger-side worked perfectly. It got weirder when I plugged in the car charger into my droid because sound ceased to come out of the driver-side speaker at all yet the passenger-side still worked fine. I noticed that even with the old speakers they would crackle for a second when I plugged in my Incredible but it would be fine after that.

To make sure it wasn't the speaker I swapped speakers and the same thing happened. The driver-side was also the side where my dad had kept the original connection while the other side I had butt-spliced the wires together, so I chopped off the old connection and butt-spliced that side together also, but I got the same result.

I'm at a loss of what to do here, any suggestions?
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote