Thread: Time for shocks
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 05:56 AM   #15
89 Trans Am WS6

Alex, fwiw, stay away from adjustables. Just like everyone says, i personally have seen, and helped install many sets of them, only to have them set once and never touched again. Not saying you guys here that say you do dont, but in reality most people dont.

Also, shocks have nothing to do with ride height, hell they dont even absorb shock, thats all the springs job. Shocks are there to *dampen* vibration and absorb the recoil of the spring. You could install some bump stops in the rear to keep them from hitting. Not saying you dont need shocks, but you shouldnt rely on them to keep your body off the tire. They should never meet.

As far as tires tho, for the money, the sumitomos arnt half bad. I have the same 275/315 setup on my TA, and have run that 13.9 et aswell with a exhaust and cai on a 150k mile car. On a all stock worn out suspension with stockers still up front and blown monroes out back, haha. Hopefully in the comming of months a major part of the project will be done and we can test out those 315s again, hah. Dont get me wrong tho, next time around ill prolly get something smaller, but for now, there not bad.

my .02

Joe
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote