Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 01:02 PM   #1428
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Would have love for this post to be a vid of a nice lopey idle but sadlly, no dice.

Buttoned up the install yesterday to an unsuccessful end. As you guys know the car would fire, and sputter/backfire, but now it wont even get to that point.

The car is back to cranking fine but no signs of life. No backfires, no pops, no nada. It does have fuel pressure, i have not verified spark. But nothing on the spark end is different.

However, i am trying it with a stock style 3 pin MAF and IAT in the lid instead of the 5 pin MAF/IAT set up i had with the 85mm. In addition to that change, ive also swapped the larger injectors back in and took out the stock units i put it since that change didnt work. Have not changed anything in HP tuners yet to accommodate for those changes, wont be able to until the weekend when my friend has some free time.

Needless to say i was a bit discouraged last night, so after it didnt start i just shut down shop for the night and went out. Today after work im going to be back at it, trying to find if i missed anything that could yield the results im getting.

TL;DR-

swapped in 7.300 rods, bigger injectors back in, and 3 pin maf + stock IAT set up to come to a crank no fire.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote