View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #8
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Brian: thanks. I will certainly inspect and replace the engine mounts net year when the old one comes out. easy enough. the trans mount is good. only 14 months old. just looked at it yesterday. I agree, to skip doin the rollbar setup ahead of time and wait until it is absolutely necessary. the $, the weight, the extra limitations to interior free movement etc. If I can budget $ or work a crap ton of overtime before March, maybe I can afford to do a driveshaft and rear end. the driveshaft from Denny's will be around $600 and the rear setup would be another $2,800 ish. Also definitely holding off on the wheels since that will be an expensive endeavor and the main focus i to get the car prepped for the engine power level, and then rework things from there. and with that, I tank you for letting me know that your fuel lines are stock and with your power level and fuel demands that is peace of mind for me.

wretched: also thanks. I agree that I should plan on doing the headers. bummer, these are in such good condition, but to do it correctly, a header and 2.5" dual exhaust system will have to be budgeted for. Ive also spent a good bit of time browsing on the Shaffiroff site and all of their stuff is way too high dollar and too high horsepower for a street/strip setup like I am going for

Adam, you are correct about the fuel system wiring needing to be upgraded. I did read about that on thirdgen.org a while back too I forgot to mention in. I think you are correct that there are wiring kits available, so i'l plan on that. I thought you had someone interested in your LT engine a few months ago? I think regarding the transmission, that since my current one is fixable under warranty for free, i'll send it out and have it upgraded to be the 750 horsepower capable one. IF for some wild reason that fails, i'll move in another direction, most likely turbo400. I do like hte overdrive of the 700r4, especially for long trips out to Carlisle, and maryland, upstate NY, etc. I'm also in agreement about the swingouts. I would keep them removed for most of the driving, and just put them in at the track. but as mentioned above, i'll save $ and weight now, and only do the cage when absolutely necessary. I think I can get Ted from our LeMons team to weld in the cage, he does good work. If not, i'll see if Pro Fab Chassisworks has wiggle room in their price. My other option is to go out to S&W Racecars in PA (actually only 10 minute drive from my wife's parents house!!) and see if they would weld in and certify the 6 point setup. shall see

Nick, good idea. I had not thought of Josh at JS Performance. Maybe i'll send him an email, and point him towards reading this thread. If he is able to build something like I mentioned above, that could be possible. It is a bit of a drive(compared to "the engine factory" which is over in Lebanon NJ) , but if price is drastically different for the same power/reliability/workmanship/parts I could do that. CTW could be good for wheels too. That will wait as you mentioned.

bear: I do remember what he (Brian Coyle) was saying about his FiTech setup and lacck of tech help trobleshooting it... I subscribe to Holley's youtube videos and have read a lot in magazines and online about their Sniper efi system and I am definitely drawn mostly to that. I like the touch screen handheld display for the dashboard and their video tutorials. They even have one that is built to work alongside nitrous setups. They also have fuel pumps in 255lph. I think walboro and Aeromotive are the only ones I've seen with the 340lph. Good to hear that I can reuse my oem lines. I'll do a bit more research too. As for longtubes, you are right, and thats probably what i'll need. I gotta do some solid research there and find ones that wont be too low, since my car is pretty low already up front. Then I could go over to that place that has been mentioned on this board before (bergen county) and have them fab up a true dual exhaust with x pipe, muffler and tips out the back. shoot, that will have to wait until the engine is in also. Wondering if i could use my current exhaust with the new engine for testing purposes and to get it up to the shop for the exhaust install.

and yes. I do plan on doing BOTH drag racing and corner carving. more autocross, because the only road-course track I know of locally is NJMP and thats kinda far to be running in multiple times a year. I am only 20 mins from island dragway.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 12-19-2017 at 05:41 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote