View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #37
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
I don't know, maybe fan 1 on at 175* and off at 160 then fan 2 on at 185 off at 165?

Since you have a 160 thermostat, and you should have enough cooling capacity, when you're cruising the car should stay around 160-165 without the fans. I don't see why you would want the car to get much higher temp than that when you're sitting still.

If someone wants to call me out on my logic, please do.

awesome. yea, that does sound a bit more appropriate. I am really hoping never to see over 200 210 deg on on the temp gauge. so settign the fans around the values you listed would be better. and, if I know that I am driving into traffic on a hot day, I can go into the handheld and a few clicks later I cna change the values to get the fans to turn on and stay on, and then reset them later on. if needed. probably going to have to see how the car/engine likes it in early spring, and then re-assess things come the heat of summer.

I am glad everyone seems to like the oval shape, even lots of friends from my other groups all like the oval. I expected to have more people say go with a traditional circle, but i am glad to hear the oval is the general consensus.

here are few quick photshops,

my favorite choice is still the longer billet specialties one:

but here are a few others.

I might not go with a red/purple K&N filter though. white paper filter element seems to look better with the silver and polished components.

not much a fan of hte edelbrock writing on it tho

Last edited by IROCZman15; 02-25-2020 at 05:50 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote