View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #47
NastyEllEssWon

ok well I've held my tongue on this. I am a HUGE pro-marijuana advocate. I have been a member of NORML (national organization for the reform of marijuana laws) for a very long time now. So this is basically how it goes.

Legalize Marijuana and Hemp

In the 1920's Hemp was being experimented to be made into new materials such as plastics, oils, fuels and the medical value of THC was being brought into play.

The govt created a smear campaign against Marijuana as a drug. Resulting in not only the illegalization but the thought it made you insane.

Marijuana was illegalized around the same time alcohol. Alcohol was brought back due to massive bootlegging and rise in ''alcohol crimes.''

Marijuana was continued to be smeared by the American govt for close to 70 years now. Mandatory Minimum Sentencing and the so called ''War On Drugs'' have put many non violent offenders in jail for very long amounts of time.

So what can marijuana do for you and your country???

Industrial.

Hemp can be made into ropes, fabrics, papers, plastics, oils, fuels.

Which means we can stop cutting down the rain forests and american countryside; Instead cutting down controlled field of Hemp plants. Hemp grows very large and fast and is easily harvested a few times a year.

The byproduct? An Illegal Substance?

Hemp is the male plant of cannabis. Its low in THC and very pulpy and good for industrial uses. The Female version grows marijuana. Very Leafy and grows ''buds'' which protect the seeds of the plant. Very rich in THC which produces slight psycadelic, effects causing slight euphoria for a small amount of time.

This is what you do with the rest of the marijuana left over from hemp production.

Repeal the marijuana laws. Place laws in effect to keep marijuana regulated and Taxed. Offer marijuana in a variety of strengths and strains for the casual user to choose. Let out all NON-VIOLENT OFFENDERS IN PRISON WHO ARE SERVING MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCES FOR MARIJUANA ''CRIMES.''

what happens?

more jobs for farming, shipping, industrial factory work pops up. less taxes are spent on the million in jail for marijuana crimes. more taxes are made from a booming industry, export sky rockets and you tax marijuana as highly as you tax tobacco and alcohol.

as for roadside tests, breathalyzers and the like for marijuana? guess what. they already exist

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 05-10-2009 at 09:41 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote