View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #18
88WS-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by L695speed View Post
Is there a fee to watch? I saw on the site its 100 for the Novice school, 80 to run (presuming you're not an SCCA member) but I didn't see anything about just watching the action. I would run, but I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to pony up for the temp membership and the cost of running at the same time. I would like to go and watch, talk to people, pick some brains etc. That I can probably handle. I will see, if I'm gonna run I might as well just do the Novice school as its not much more. Then again, a friend of mine ran an autocross in a Nissan Juke, so whats wrong with running an Outback wagon?
As a non-SCCA member, the school is $115 just so you know. And no, there is no fee to watch. Don't feel bad running the wagon, you'll be fine. I'm bringing my Suzuki out for the school. I'll also be out the following week in the regular event, so if you are going to that we can hang out there.

It is tough to plan on though, because for the points events there are normally 3 heats. You run one heat, work one heat and have one heat off but which order you do that in depends on your class. If you are out in the wagon in stock classes and I have my IROC in CP, I'd be working while you're running and vice versa.

13 spots are filled now in the school so I would act fast if you are trying to decide on going. I would recommend attending if you are interested because the next novice school that the NNJR is hosting is not until September 1st.

The people currently signed up are running:

2000 Honda S2000 (x2)
2009 Corvette
2011 Camaro
2010 BMW 135i
2012 Impreza
2007 A4
2008 Miata (x2)
2005 M3
2010 Mustang
2007 Mustang

and my Suzuki, haha...