View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #44
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

just a quick writeup to continue info on this Lemons endeavor

So the team I am helping wrench on "Gadget Inspectors" just participated in the 24 Hours of Lemons race a week and a half ago. It was up at Thompson Speedway in Connecticut. Unfortunately for this one I had just gotten back from a 8 day vacation and had to work all weekend that they were going up there so I was unable to attend.

In the interim we had the engine out of the car, completely refreshed and rebuilt by the team. Unfortunately, once it went back in the car (about 8 days before the race) it ran for 15 seconds and seized up completely. Couldn't even turn it over by hand with a huge breaker bar and all the spark plugs out. Tore the entire engine apart to realize that someone had over-tightened the main cap on bearing #3 and this caused the crank to lock up. Sent the block and crank out for repair/repolishing and when it got back 5 days before the race there was a huge thrash to rebuild the engine (Again) and get it back in the car. all went well and the car was up and running with 2 days to go. Trailers were loaded up with parts and the car and 4 of the team members headed off to Connecticut.
-larger swaybars were also installed, different tires were mounted on spare sets of wheels for testing, and various other mods/repairs were done to the car also.

The team said the car ran strong and actually performed better than their driving abilities could handle on this particular course. They finished 60th place with over 250 laps in the two days. We plan on doing one more race this calendar year, and I think its around Halloween actually. I hope to attend and crew chief again, but I just don't have $ in my vehicle budget to jump in as a driver this year

www.bangshift.com actually did a cool writeup and had coverage on their webpage, and theres a single photo of our Gadget mobile. too

http://bangshift.com/general-news/ev...tive-insanity/

Last edited by IROCZman15; 08-18-2015 at 10:22 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote