View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #30
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I think you have to allow deep staging for a pro tree/index, that's a real part of the class.

because there is a good chance we will have racers new to this class, I have a question and a few suggestions:

Q) Is autostart going to be used? or should it? We need to know this from the track. Some tracks manually throw the switch when running index where allot of the racers go deep, other just use Autostart. Autostart may determine how you want to proceed with staging? We need to let the racers know if they need to get in quickly or if the starter is going to give them time?

Sug 1) Enforce gentalmen racing:

Both cars set prestage bulb before moving in, no quick staging. Often the rules is that if someone double bulbs and they don't back out, they GET backed out. And that is their ONE warning. Do it again it's a DQ.

If you know the other car is going deep then you can DB and activate autostart, you could end with drivers wondering why the tree dropped or they got red lighted before they were staged?

sug 2) If cars are going deep, they should write it on the cars. I know this goes again Div I rules, but we are probably going to have some less experienced racer.

My suggestions are because you don't want racers sitting on the convertor while the other car stages or getting timed out or caught between going deep when the tree drops. Knowing the other car is going in deep will let drivers know if they need to wait to go up on the covertor or to get in quick. We don't want cars puking their trans because they overheated waiting for the other car. This is why Div I did away with DEEP, because racers could use that to hold I guy on the trans, but for this event I think it could actually be an aid to the new racers in this class and type of staging.

My .02

JB
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 04-16-2009 at 09:17 AM.