View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #13
V
Stalker

I have been working on these for several weeks now. I finally got them to the point where I was able to mount them in the car. Ill start with some fabrication pictures. The earlier pics aren't the prettiest but they accomplish my goal.

I will get better pics throughout the week as I actually get them completely wired properly, and I wash the car. Its hard to get decent night time pics due to my poor quality camera.

I started out with stock CTS foglight housings and pulled the lenses. Once they were off, I removed the divider and cut out the entire back of the housing. I bought a 6000k DS2 HID bi-xenon retrofit kit complete with real projectors and chrome shrouds. I also bought a pair of LED "DRL" lights. They are white when powered up and when power is applied to an additional wire, they switch over to amber LEDs. To fab up the new housings, I used a sheet of aluminum to form the new main housing and used fiberglass resin to finish it off and shape it up. I wont get into the details but it was a lot of trial end error, and not that easy, but they are finally done.

The new fogs mount right into the stock brackets with the stock pushpin on the one side and i had to use a nut and bolt on the other side. The level adjustment can be made and the bolt tightened to hold it in place.

The wiring was a whole different bunch of issues. When done, they "DRL"s will function similar to those on an Audi. They will only come on with the parking lights. However, when off, they will only blink amber with the directionals. When on, like I said they will be white, but will switch to amber at night and blink just amber until the directionals are cancelled, then the white LEDs will turn back on.

I thought about making a few sets of these and selling them, but due to the time involved and the cost to begin with, there is no point. I wont be able to sell a single pair and make even a penny.

Now for the pics....

V is offline   Reply With Quote