View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #50
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I just noted this elsewhere, but I just wanted to post it here for everyone to see:

We hold most of our meets at restaurants. We expect everyone to arrive on time so we can go in and patronize the establishment that is 'hosting' our event as a group. Last year at the Circus I was let down by the number of people who were late (in some cases very late). The Circus had a whole section put aside for us, but because half the group rolled into the lot an hour + late we could not get organized. Some club members just got pissed and went in on their own. The restaurant eventually just got fed up with us and released the section they were holding. I also know there were a number of folks who never went in, never bought a little lunch or whatever. IMO that was totally unacceptable and it was embarrassing. It was disrespectful to the establishment, and disrespectful to the other club members. I never had to apologize to an establishment before. I hope I never have to do it again.

Thanks-

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop