Thread: Garage A/C
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Garage A/C

So while I have aspirations of moving in 2-3 years to a place that fits my wants a bit more, I decided to pull the trigger on a proper AC unit for the garage to make my stay a bit more comfortable. The unit installed is a 24,000 Btu Fujitsu mini split heat pump with heating functionality. I'll be removing the 150,000 Btu gas heater (Yes I know it is grossly over-sized) and selling it along with the 12,000 Btu portable AC unit I also had.

MD Sheds (Joe) came by with his electrician and knocked out the install with excellent results. It's refreshing to see people who just know what they are doing as they made it all look very easy while providing a professional result. Within about a couple hours after install, the garage was 68 degrees from 80+ that day. Maybe the most surprising aspect of the unit was how quietly it operates.

I had arrangements to finalize the detailing of the Caddy a couple days post install with a forecast of 90+ degrees. Over those two days, the garage held its set point of 70 degrees with no issues and I could have made it even colder if I wanted. The detailer and I were very very pleased.....and comfortable.

Garage work will be a little easier this summer!

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote