View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #27
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
I'm assuming that you meant the above.
First up: Lawd Jesus, the Cadillac website has to be the ugliest website of not only luxury cars, but of other GM brands.

Second, a loaded CTS VSport is still 14k less than a CT6 Platinum. Now, there is no Platinum trim CTS (there is no V and Plat trim available for a Cadillac, because reasons.) so it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison, but let's take a look at cars you want: CTS 2.0T RWD vs CT6 2.0T RWD

CT6 Luxury 2.0T RWD: $61,910.
CTS Luxury 2.0T RWD: $53,375

Almost a nine grand difference between the two trims. Only an absolute idiot would think that a nine grand gap is insignificant. CT6 does come with a lot more things standard, obviously, but it's more than the 2k you were talking about. Yeah, you can get a well equipped CTS for about the price of a base CT6, but you don't get cooled seats in that CT6. And trust me, your ass is gunna love you for getting the cooled seats.
Well, wait a minute. The Luxury package on the CTS doesn't give you the same features that the Luxury package on the CT6 does. If you look deeper, the fair comparison is the base model CT6 to the CTS Luxury. That gives you the most similar spec of features (except some techy gizmos that would be included in a $2500 option package on the CT6, but would then also add some features to the CT6 that makes it way better equipped than a CTS).

That said, the $9000 is inaccurate. It's somewhere between $2000-$4500. Trust me, I studied it this past weekend while the woman was napping and the pricing is nonsensical.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote