View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #13
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKid455 View Post
Why not use EFI connection setup?
He would wind up spending a LOT more on the EFI setup because, I believe, he is thinking TBI for the injection, not port over the Holley.

Dave, you can also wire your fans to come on at specific temps with the Holley or a 24x setup, so you wouldn't HAVE to change them if you don't want

Also, Josh can do pretty good on driveshafts. I got more for less than than what you're saying here, so I would check him out on that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Last I saw he took his EFITech out. It was fighting him at the UMI event in August.
He seemed set on keeping it, but he also said the phone support sucked. What I got from him was basically, if you have any issues with it you have to figure it out on your own because they either can't, or won't help.

I cringe any time I see people buying them now, not just from Brian, but also form Customworks. IMO the ONLY thing the FiTech has going for it, is price, and I think you're getting what you pay for here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Most third gen tanks are unbaffled right? Given the usage you might want to look into more modern setup. Depending on the EFI route you go would a 4th gen plastic tank and fuel module be a reasonable step up?
I think maybe 91 and 92 were the only years for the baffled tanks, and they're not really that great. The 4th gen tank is almost as close to a bolt in as you can get, especially if you're running "returnless". All I had to do was modify the fuel filter bracket and everything screwed together with the 4th gen fuel filter

Last edited by PolarBear; 12-20-2017 at 08:13 AM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote