View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #21
IROC-MIKE

Blue Maxi Camaro Gets TOP HONORS at Chevrolet Nationals

Hello All,
Lots to tell everyone about the Chevrolet Nationals this weekend so you will just have to come to the rally to hear it directly from me. I'm still getting back to normal from the event but wanted to post it first here before it goes viral throughout the automotive community.
I am proud to announce with great honor that Jerry Schmidt's Blue Maxi Camaro received "This Car Matters Award" from the Historic Vehicle Association which is the TOP AWARD given at the event! Its the giant crystal cup sitting in front of the car.
It was accepted on Jerry's behalf by his brother Fred and nephew Brandon Schmidt who is now the custodian of the car.
This was a bittersweet event for the family since Jerry passed just a few weeks ago. Needless to say his family has become overwhelmed with emotion so I am asking EVERY MEMBER to PLEASE email me mbrienza@optonline.net with words of congratulations, support, sympathy or condolences or whatever you would like to help them through this difficult time. I will print the emails and give them to his family at his memorial service before the rally to the Chatterbox so please jot a few words down and get them to me ASAP. I ask you email so they will know who sent the letters. Please include your NJFBOA username as well. I will be sure that everyone who asks for one will receive one of the memorial Booklets youre talking about which Jerry and my friend John wrote and printed.
After the cars left the display building, a private group photo was arranged outside for 6 special cars which all have some connection to each other in order to document the event. While photographers were doing their job, I managed to snap a few hundred pix of my own. I took the group photo from inside the glass transport trailer for VIN 00001.
The first 4 cars you probably all know: V12 LS1 Camaro, the First Camaro Built, the Blue Maxi, my Fellows Sunoco Camaro. The blue 69 next to my car is a new car to the scene which was inspired by the Blue Maxi and was just completed 2 weeks ago in its current configuration. It is a car that I personally predict is going to create a new classification of builds since it doesnt fall into Pro Street, Resto Mod, or Pro Touring, but is a mix of the best of what defines those build categories. This is a car to watch as I believe its a big time contender for major awards. While the car is still unamed, the owner and I have discussed a few that are suitable, and I will post the name as soon as its decided upon. The last car in the group is a White Turbo TA which was also in the Invitational Display, and belongs to a good friend of mine and Jerry: Joe Vito. Joes TA was parked next to the Blue Maxi at the LAST SHOW Jerry took the car to just 3 days before he passed.
At this event, Joes car received a LOT of attention by some big names in the TA world. They and I consider it to be one of the best examples existing. It will also be doing the rally so youre going to get to ride with 3 of the 6 cars in the group. If time permits I will arrange your car to get parked for pix just as we did in this lineup.
This rally is going to be a ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT and is your chance to be seen with the Blue Maxi before it goes on to the world stage so be sure to save the date.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05673.jpg (91.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05941.jpg (96.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05644.jpg (94.0 KB, 14 views)
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote