View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #25
TaKid455

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
So far ACI is coming in cheapest, do any of you guys toss your regular DD on the policy as well, or do you maintain two car policies?

I use ACI for the toys. I have 3 cars with them. 78 & 74 TA and a 56 olds. I pay 1400 or 1600/ yr for the three with 100, 50 & 35K coverage respectively. The 78 is the vast majority of the bill but spread over 3 cars it soothes the pain. I am over 25 and no points/ incidents. Here is the scoop:

1) you NEED a DD on a SEPARATE policy. Unless they offer DD coverage. State farm and Allstate do both. At least Allstate does.

2) B/C you are in NJ, rates may be different than others in different states., Deal with it or move out.

3) You will carry the same coverage on the classics as you do with the DD. I have higher per incident coverage as the savings isnt too significant and will save your ass if and when needed.

4) Some can you IMMEDIATELY if you enter a race track of any sort if not for a show. SHOULD you decide to liver dangerously, DO NOT post online pictures or vids of your car for people to see UNLESS you are in the show field. The insurance companies have people looking for just this. IF you have a high profile car, the changes of getting caught are greater as it will potentially be shared and talked about thus multiplying the 'hits'

5) Some won't can you but stop coverage after a certain pint on the facility which usually is the staging lines or entrance gate to the actual road course. For coverage thereafter, there are specialized racing insurance carriers. They are not cheap but you only get for the day of the event.

6) Most are pretty lenient on usage. Never had one check mileage HOWEVER if there is an incident they could figure out if you have abused the usage based on averaging mileage over time. Simple.

7) If you take it to work occasionally, no biggie BUT if there is an incident on the way or return be creative at the scene. Read the contract, there are lots of places that are allowed. These are leisure vehicles and not DD units. You have a beater or Hellcat for that.

8) Enjoy the car.

Note: 2015 was a big hike for most companies as they have absorbed increases in the past years. Agree or disagree, it was consistent among the collector car companies. Mine went up over 300. WTF

Last edited by TaKid455; 01-09-2016 at 12:32 PM.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote