View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 05:28 AM   #85
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildante View Post
I'm finally able to use my garage to work on my Camaro.

I would like to start working on it, But I know nothing about fixing cars.

Honestly, I need help with this project.

I think the best first step right now would be for someone that knows about fixing Camaro's. To come and take a look at my car and let me know what has to be fixed, what's missing, etc...

This way I could figure out is it worth fixing up and in a reasonable budget. or sell it and finding a better one.

My starting goal for this project is to have my Camaro able to run with no issues and is safe to drive. So basically as long as the engine, electrical, computers work and are in good shape as well as the body of the car being in good shape. AC would be nice, but with T-Top and windows not the first thing I would worry about.

My plans for this car is to have it as a fun car. Something you take out to drive every once in a while and maybe take to the track, car shows, etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildante View Post
I did change the spark plus except for one or two because they where in tight places and way to tight even after I used PB blaster on them and some one that I know that had a track car help me with fix up the carb a little we also pulled out some other parts that where not really necessary. I started it up and let it run, but I can't drive it because no insurance so I can register the car. It does drive be I had to move it and park in front of my house.
Here's where you lost me:
You mentioned fixing/working on the car, in the context of repairs, about a half-dozen times in that prior post, but haven't mentioned what the issue you're experiencing is yet. It sounds like the car fires up, holds an idle, jas brakes and is driveable... what's stopping you from putting it on the road to take to meets or driving to a mechanically inclined person?

When did you anticipate putting it on insurance? I don't know how ugly your driving record is, but basic Liability coverage on a 31 year old Camaro is probably in the $40-$100/month range and can be done with a 10 minute phone call from anywhere in the world. If the car is drive able and needs to be transported to a repair facility or friend's garage, then it's time to make that call to your insurance company. You're not going to be able to do any of the things you mentioned until the car is legally documented/covered and mechanically sound to drive, so that's kind of a necessarily step here

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote