Old 04-19-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

NJFBOA Car of the Month Archive

January Car of the Month

Blackbirdws6's 1997 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Name: Brian DeLuca
Mods: I purchased my 1997 Pontiac Trans Am used from my father who owned it as his weekend toy. My dad was not much for modding cars anymore but I decided that I wanted to personalize it with my own details. A few bolt-ons and a 100-shot of nitrous turned into a heads/cam project in my Dad's garage over the summer a few years back. We installed a set of Edelbrock heads, CC306 cam, Crane Gold 1.6RR's, 58MM TB, Spec 3 clutch, KBDD subframe connectors, a set of Hooker LT's, Mufflex 4-in Y-pipe and a set of Mecham exhaust tips. The car was tuned by Cartek in NJ and threw down a decent 360rwhp on the Dynojet. This past year an Edelbrock intake manifold found it's way under the hood to hopefully take care of a pesky oil leak (and see if any gains were to be had). On a dyno day at Harris Speed Works in PA the car laid down a more respectable 380rwhp NA and 460rwhp on spray once a new Racetronix fuel pump was installed.

Appearance wise, the car has been under constant change with the final additions being 18x8 and 18x10 AR TT's, LED lights all around, 98+ Honeycomb taillights, and HID headlights with Hella housings. The car also has an upgraded sound system with an Alpine HU, CD changer, amp, Boston speakers in the doors, and 2 10" JL subwoofers in an open box.

Future plans - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit (in progress), upgraded brakes, and upgraded rear end.