View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #17
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28
Hey Tim, no trophies? Â*Only car care kits? Â*Call me superficial but I like trophies....not that I'm saying I'll win one, but you never know. Â*
Trophies would have been very nice and I tried very hard to get them. Â* Â*But no one we contacted was able to step up with money. Â*It was very tuff to find companies willing to take a chance on us. Â*I feel many hesitated because it is the first year, while other companies had already committed their 2005 budgets to other events. Â*

It also took allot of time to find 'the right persons" in the company to contact. Â*I had a few companies where E-mail and phone messages got bounced 15-20 times over the course of months before I finally found the right person ( and for the reasons stated above couldn't help us). Â*

So even though they may not have been able to help us this year we have a good data base of contacts for next year.

With a good turnout Sunday we will be able to assure companies their money will be well spent on this event in 2006.

BTW - I've seen your car and it gets my vote!

Â* John
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!