View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #14
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amargari View Post
Just buy the Holley AC mount. It puts the 3rd gen AC compressor up by the passenger head. You can use the factory alternator and PS bracket that comes with the LS1. I believe it is under $200 for everything. I did it on my LS6 conversion on my 73 Camaro and I didn't even need to disconnect my AC compressor. The bracket put the compressor in the same place as my TPI serpentine brackets I had.

Do you have a possible link for that bracket? I would consider that.

edit: I found the part. Its $140(give or take a few bucks).
In comparison, the k member notch kit to run the LS compressor is $30(plus welding), and then the conversion a/c hoses are $150.

If I use the Holley mount, I don't have to notch, I can still keep the chassis brace in place, I can use the stock tpi a/c compressor and hoses, so I'd actually save 40-50 bucks easily. The holley piece even looks like the oem cast aluminum brackets, no shiny billet crud. I guess the solution is clear, Holley mount it will be.

edit#2: Actually it seems like I need a $70 installation kit for the holley setup as well plus a smooth pulley. But still seems like the best option.

Now... tell me more about upgraded steering box options... I never actually thought about them. I'm more used to r&p setups.

Last edited by V; 02-14-2015 at 06:22 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote