View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #40
Black_Bird_99

Smile 3rd Gen Fun in the Sun

Hi Guys, Tom Smith from Saratoga Springs again, Home of the All Firebird Lawn Show.
OK, the Red 70 Formula is out of the game.

Now let's try this one. It is a low numbers (1 of 555) production 1991 WS6 Trans Am Convertible that I bought about 3 years ago up in northern VT near the Canadian border and was owned by a little old couple retiring to FL. Since I already had 2 Birds (a black 99 WS6 Formula (1 of 175) and the formerly posted red 70, my wife kind of had a negative feel on me owning a 3rd Bird. In her words, "What do you need that for?" So I told her that she was right, I really didn't need it, but I bought it anyway. I left a deposit and drove back to northern VT the next week and took it home.

The car just turned barely over 50k miles this past summer before I put it up for the winter. It is a nice summer driver and cruiser and has won a few trophies in local shows, although I never bought it to be a show car or a strip car, just a nice summer feel good driver. It has 5.0L/305 c.i. V8 with 700R4. It is all original except for tires, serpentine belt, and battery.

Although it is my car, is is registered in my name and my wife's name, so if I should roll a seven in my travels, she will not have to go to probate court to regain posession of my car. Did I say it is my car???

You can see it this summer at the 7th Annual All Firebird Lawn Show in Saratoga Springs where I might actually put it in the Car Corral just to get my wife off of my back.

Hope to see you there,
Tom
- Black 99 WS6 Formula #169 of 175. ASC#4888 A Cruiser-weight Bird w/DirectFlo, K&N, SLP 85mm MAF & Smooth Bellows. Bone @ 305.6 RWHP
- Green 91 WS6 Trans Am Convertible, Medium Green Metallic with Saddle Leather. 1 of 555
- Red 70 1/2 Formula 400-YS, T-400, 12 Bolt Posi w/ AC, spoiler, Ralley II wheels, trim rings, dual snorkel inlet
Drivers: 08 Pontiac Vibe; 05 Silverado 2500 Diesel Crew