View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

The letters had originally been mounted to the building using some type of glue that was put onto a plastic pad which threaded into cast-in plastic bosses on the back side of the letters. When the volvo guys took the letters off, they snapped off a lot of the plastic bosses, so I had to get creative to figure out a mounting method. i decided to use some nuts, threaded rod, and epoxy do have a hidden mounting system.

I also build a quick wood frame which would mount to the wall after I mounted the letters to it.
Sidenote- these letters are the small ones from the side building...but on the larger building thereused to be these HUGE letters there. they had to be at least 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide; and they were directly glued to the concrete block exterior of the building. Someone (may be volvo) trashed those letters long long ago. but it was a nice look, so My dad and I decided to mimic this look, but on a smaller scale. he printed out a large sheet of vinyl with a white brick pattern printed on it. We used that as a background and I think it turned out nice.

Got it wall mounted and all my fasteners are hidden underneath the trim molding which is a clean look that I wanted

and painted the trim black and grey to match the general theme of the garage:

So, project complete I guess. I am gong to send the photos to the Volvo guys to show them that I meant what i said 10 years ago when I initially asked them for the letters.

For a full range of the project's photos, click the link here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/iroczm...90859218/page1

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote