Thread: Have you aware
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 06:11 PM   #29
V
Stalker

As far as the news about the inspection program changing... It really doesn't affect me.
Id be more interested in hearing a change to the registration program. So now cars 20 years and older don't get inspected anyway but still 25 to be historic? historic is one time registration fee now, will that soon apply to cars 20 years old and older as well? That's what I'd like to see.

I read the link quick and only saw "passenger-plated vehicles", but would that include pickup trucks(non-commercial)? Once again though, that does not affect me since my '96 ram is already inspection exempt due to being a diesel.

Is the 1995 cutoff based on 20 years old, or is it based on the introduction of the OBDII systems? I know 95 is OBDI still but if they move to 1996 in 2017, then its all ODBII right? Are they just trying to phase out the sniffers altogether with giving it a year to be done with? I could see that as a bigger reason. Just plug in and scan, no need for maintaining older sniffer equipment which barely gets used as more time passes.
V is offline   Reply With Quote