View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #49
V
Stalker

Ok, time for an update I guess.

The car runs, drives and is streetable, safe, and reliable.

Last summer I replaced the front brakes and hoses, as well as basically all the steering components. Now I can safely steer and stop without the car wandering or darting all over the place. This year it got a new battery.

I still need paint work in a bad way but it just isn't the time yet.

I've taken it to a handful of local car shows and most of the time people don't even look at the car since they think its just a worn out 80s firebird. There are the rare few that have noticed.

The one thing that always bothered me about the car was the fact that when I got it, the original interior had been swapped out. I fixed that for the most part 2 years ago, however that also meant I didn't have to original console, with the original RPO sheet. Being that the hatch was merely an option, I wished I had the rpo sticker to prove it. The only proof I had that the car was a true factory notchback, was the VIN sticker on the hatch itself. That was good enough for me, but I always wanted more. I looked into PHS(pontiac historic services) when I first got the car but they can only access records prior to 1987 but they were able to point me to GM Media Archive. Yesterday I placed my order with them to search all their types of records, databases, microfiche, etc to locate the original factory invoice for my car. Well, they found it. I received it as a PDF by email earlier today. On the invoice it does indeed show option "AA8 GTA NOTCHBACK ROOF". It also shows when it was shipped as well as to which Pontiac dealer it was sold at. Overall, it doesn't tell me anything that affects value or such but for me, its something extremely cool to have to go with the car now.

Now I am looking into have a reproduction window sticker made. Just have to find where I can get one. The one place doesnt seem to do pontiac, and PHS doesnt do 1988 according to their website, only 89 turbo TA and 1990+.

Last edited by V; 07-10-2018 at 09:39 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote