View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #103
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 View Post
"Shieding" from the lounge nonsense? If you want to "sheild" people from nonsense, you need to look elsewhere than the lounge. there is numerous examples of it in other sections. as someone pointed out (i dont remember who), this is a site for fans of the f-body platform. thats the way i see it. there are people here with all levels of tech knowledge, from novice, to expert. there is also people here, with no knowledge at all, who just like the cars because they like them, and thats good enough for me.

the BS that goes on here is the 'clique-y' high school crap like when someone says something outside the popular consensus, and 10 clique members all jump on them. its happened to me, and im sure its happened to other people. i shrug it off as a bunch of internet tough guys. i dont live on this board day-in and day-out. i have other things more important in my life than the opinions of those on this board. however, i love the f-bodies, and i want to share my thoughts, opinions, and info, with (what i thought) was like minded people. some people here are very genuine, but plenty are assclowns. i may not post alot, or go to every meet (mostly because my schedule doesn't allow it), but i do enjoy checking the boards during the week when i have some free time, and see what fellow f body enthusiasts are up to.

does this make me less of a member than the guy who posts every day in every section and attends every meet?

so in close. its not that logging in was hard (and i never said it was if you check my original post), i said i use a shared computer and therefore, dont save any passwords. (which is what promopted me to start this thread). im not making a mountain out of a mole hill, but im not gonna bend over and take other members 'more valuable opinions' as fact, when all it is, is just that...AN OPINION.
There are two factors at work here. One is what goes on in the lounge, and the other is the "cliquey" stuff you are speaking of. Both are not good but have to be dealt with using reason and a clear head.

This is not a mountain/molehill deal, it just got spun that way. Nothing has caught any of the mods or admins off guard because none of it is new to us. We've gone through all of this before many times.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote