Thread: LT1 ticking
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 02:56 AM   #18
97Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.4 grape of wrath View Post
I'm not sure if you have an auto or manual trans but I remember years ago I had a similar ticking noise with my car that drove me crazy. The noise would come and go as the engine temp would change. Ended up being a hair line crack between the flexplate bolt holes. The flexplates are known to crack there. It was so small to see but if I tapped the flexplate with a hammer you could hear the difference in sound near the crack.
I have an auto. And yes, my tick seems to come and go depending on engine temp (how long it's been run). When I picked up the car, tick tick tick tick tick.....by the time u got home......much quieter. Parked the car. washed it, started it up, tick was almost non-existent!

Car still runs/drives fine other than the ticking. What's worrying me is the engine sludge they found on the pushrod...also they insist it's coming from inside the engine.

Last edited by 97Formula; 01-16-2020 at 02:59 AM.
97Formula is offline   Reply With Quote