Thread: LT1 ticking
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 03:55 PM   #32
97Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched73 View Post
It seems pretty clear that you are not mechanically inclined, so I'm going to assume these shops are trying to take you for all you're worth.

What did YOU do to diagnose the issue?

Are you SURE it is not an exhaust leak?

Have you verified oil pressure is not a sensor issue? Have you replaced the sensor or hooked up a mechanical gauge?
I tried listening around the engine when it was ticking, almost sounded like it was coming from the bottom near the rear of the engine. How do you hook a mechanical gauge to it so I know the true reading? I know the oil pressure sensor is in the rear of the engine and extremely difficult to reach.

I just now drove home from work, and the closer I got home the quieter it got, and the tick was pretty much gone completely when I pulled into the garage. Brought the rpms up to 1500 when I usually hear it, barely noticeable. Couldn't hear at 3000-4000 rpm either.

Seems intermittent, comes and goes, etc. If I had something going on inside the engine like a lifter, I'd hear it all the time, correct?