View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #37
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudbird113 View Post
No matter what you do the sudden impact isnt going to prevent your brain from smashing into the inside of your skull.
and most wrecks have sudden stops. Oh, wait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyMobile View Post
The simple answer would be, don't race at the track. If you want to race at the track, you know what you have to do.
I agree. I also liked your post about understanding the risks and using it on the street. I sense you understand you can't have it both ways without a risk in some aspect. I respectfully disagree with using it on the street primarily because of other people on the street, but you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
The only bar that you are concerned with, Scott, comes factory in my jeep....I understand all the points you are making too and agree that a passenger side based impact will send you head towards that spreader/halo bar but my car rolled off the assembly line like that. Maybe there is more space comparing the two platforms, I don't know. As far as a 6 point goes, no bar will interfere with any of the areas you mentioned aside from a door bar. I run removable bars, the most I'll suffer is going to be from the ankle biter as I never have the door bars in.
that is why I clarified the upper bar and not the lower door bar. I would likely use a 6pt in an occasional street car, knowing the back seats are 100% off limits to people. I understand we are talking about more than a 6 pt to pass NHRA tech at the power in question. to be in spec the cage bar is most likely closer than the one in your jeep. and a few inches may be the difference in both whether the head hits the bar, or how hard it hits it. If it needs a halo that is not even remotely comparable

I also don't know if the jeep comparo should let you be comfortable.

This is a good conversation.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote