View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #71
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

So, long story short, I have been chasing a god damn vibration for over 2 years in this god damn car. I have seriously replaced everything brand new except for the transmission.

I have the OE trans in it currently with 115k miles, and I have a wicked vibration over 70mph.

The vibration is noticeable with the car in gear and cruising... but as soon as I push the clutch pedal in... it gets way bad. same thing if i put it into neutral. As soon as i get below 70mph it vanishes.

I have had my wheels straightened, new tires. same vibration

took an alum driveshaft from a 01 camaro, new ujoints, vibration went down a little bit... but not much (i guess alum dampened the vibration)

had my OE steel shaft balanced with new u joints... same vibration

Found my Torque Arm was cracked, so I replaced it along with a relocation xmember... set the pinon angle to -2. same vibration.

Had my rear completely rebuilt (minus posi unit and axles)... same vibration. (axles are straight)

When I did the clutch, I decided to put the ebay transmission i got 3 years ago into the car. I dont remember when the vibration started either.

so I put the OE trans back in, same vibration.

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG. So what I want to do is check the ebay transmission and see what could possibly cause this. I am at wits end, please help

----

Just put that on LS1tech.

Im so ****ing pissed right now. I played with the yoke in the transmission and there is slight movement but not much... now would this be the bearing or the bushing? how could both transmissions have the same issue? did the ebay trans just get synchros thrown in it?
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote