View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
IROC-MIKE

Blue Maxi COTM

I am submitting The Blue Maxi for my friend Jerry Schmidt who sadly passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 76. Although Jerry wasnt a member but he followed through me because he wasnt good with computers.

PLEASE SEE MY POST ABOUT THE MEMORIAL CRUISE TO THE CHATTERBOX ON JULY 8 AFTER HIS MEMORIAL SERVICE.

This car and my Sunoco Camaro were asked to attend the Carlisle Chevrolet Nationals in the Invitational Display along side the first Camaro Built and the LS V12 Camaro (among other jaw dropping F Bodies) for the 50 Anniversary of the Camaro & Firebird. We had been planning on this show since Oct of last year and not even death was going to stop the car from going as it was Jerry's biggest accomplishment to have the car shown there.
It was the cover car in Car & Driver Magazine in July 1969 and the Feature Test Car in August. He bought it from the original owner in April 1971 and maintained it in pristine condition, but would drive to many weekly cruises in the North Jersey area.

Out of over 1000 cars that were registered for the Nationals, this car was chosen to win the highest award at the event and one of the highest in the country: the historic Vehicle Association's "This Car Matters Award"! The car is now on the world stage and is going to be seen by millions with all the attention its been getting at the Nats.

IF he is awarded COTM I'll be sure that the NJFBOA sticker is displayed somewhere with the car as it is going to be documented by the HVA for submission to the same Registry VIN 10001.
It would be a great honor for his car to receive COTM especially considering he died this month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17239851_10155027324757660_515583829145776546_o.jpg (104.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by IROC-MIKE; 06-29-2017 at 11:10 AM.