View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #12
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I noticed that article was a few years old. Do people still race there? I don't mind getting em lined up somewhere out in the country with nothing around, but in the middle of a major city is just crazy.
it still happens there and elsewhere. like tim said, several spots have been bumping since at least the '70s (when i was last there ).

Quote:
"I would be in favor of anything, anything that would put a stop to this," he declares, "because right now all we can do is issue tickets. We’ve already had one guy killed last summer racing his motorcycle, and that didn’t stop them. Someday, there’s going to be a huge, horrible tragedy."
remember the article i posted about route 37 from the parkway to seaside being the most dangerous road in Ocean County? that doesn't stop them. there are at least 5 deaths per year, but it just couldn't happen to them - they are so much better at driving than the schmucks who get killed doing exactly the same thing, thinking exactly the same thing that they do every night of the week during the summer months. it doesn't matter how many tickets are issued (those who are real serious make enough cash to laugh at the tickets) or how many people are killed or how loudly we scream, "take it to the track". stupid is contagious is absolutely correct, but it's not central to philly - it's all over.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote