Thread: Drove a Ferrari
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #1
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Drove a Ferrari

I had a networking event at the Ferrari dealer in Nanuet last night. Several things impressed me, both about the car and the experience.

First, my impression of the car: I drove a California T convertible (of course). The ergonomics of this car are PERFECT. Everything is perfectly placed on the steering wheel, and the armrests for the door and console are exactly where I would place them if I was building a car. The trans was very smooth off idle for a dual clutch (parking brake resembles a window switch oddly). I felt perfectly at home driving it, at high speeds on the straightaway and ripping around the exit ramps. Car felt amazingly planted, and the torque response from the turbos was better than anticipated. Having never really driven a high revving car like that before, I did tap the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift since it pulls so hard close to redline it seems premature. I would say that windows down, wind noise is on par with my Z which was a bit surprising. The car had 96 miles on it so you could still smell the leather with the top down. Going over bumps felt like nothing, it was solid as a rock.

After the event was over, the salesmen were driving the racecars back into the garage and you could hear the tremble of excitement in their voice at the sounds. "You don't get the tingle in your spine from McLaren" and so on were heard. They legitamately love Ferrari (or have been brainwashed).

Fun fact: Salesmen are given a ride during training in a California with a pro driver behind the wheel to show that it's a "real" Ferrari. The salesmen are then given keys to a 438 and have to try to catch the California.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote