View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #39
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Why not more

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Some cool pics of Mark Stielow's latest build 'red devil'. Every car he builds is awesome in terms of build quality and performance (all his cars get driven hard), and he takes function over form to an art form. When we saw the yellow LS9 powered 69 (nicknamed jackass, a lol-nod at 'the mule') last year we were blown away at the build quality and the way it all looked so simple, OE and unassuming.

Thomson Automotive built 427 CID LS9 based engine
D&D Performace T-56 six speed
Currie Ford 9" with 3.25 gears
Full Detroit Speed front sub-frame and quadra link rear suspension
Brembo brakes from a Z06 application
C-6 Corvette ABS system
18X10 Forgeline wheels with BFG 275/30R18 KDW tires
18X12.5 Forgeline whhels with BFG 335/35R18 KDW tires
VW Salsa Red.

Early Performance #
0-60 mph 3.29 seconds
0-100 mph 7.26 seconds
1/4 mile 11.19 sec. @ 129.84 mph all corrected values
(should go in the 10s next time out)

Braking
best 60-0 107.4' & 2.5 sec
0-60-0 with 1 ft rollout best 6.84 with overshoot to 61mph

40 foot slalom
Slalom best 48.34 mph

Skid pad 1.03 G.

ABS is very impressive and to date not something the DIY guy can do. Being a GM engineer sure helps him get this accomplished. But it is build like this that help get the ball rolling for the rest of us. True retrofit ABS is probably going to appear in the next few years. But this tells you a bit of the difficulties involved. Not mentioned is the reprogramming that you & me can't do.

Good lord

Flat torque curve anyone? Dashed line is the LS9 car from last year.

On the engine dyno before good tuning it made 800+ ft*lbs of torque through stock LS9 headers

Like that little touch? LOL

I love looking at cool builds like this. Although I could never afford or honestly even know how to do some of this stuff, there are so many cool little details you can pick up for your own car. Or learn how to do something in a way you hadn't thought of. that was one of the best parts of SEMA last year, seeing all these cars up close & personal. Besides if looking at cars like this doesn't interest you then you need to question your 'car guy' credentials.

COTM things :http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59342

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
Some photos I dug up from a few years ago. Just goes to show the quality and detail that goes into one of Rich's details.

old OCMD goodness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
headed down to ocean city with a friend of mine and his dad we stayed thurs-sun. this was my first time down there and it was absolutely amazing. pictures cant do justice. going to a car show is one thing but when the cars are running up and down the strip strutting their stuff it insane. the shear amount of grade A cars there was unbelievable. def going to this for years to come.

i tried to get a mix of everything there hope you enjoy them

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
couldnt find the burnout box this was my first year going lol

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote