View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #245
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Figure I'd toss up a quick update.

Everything was full steam ahead for the install until it was realized that the flywheel was considerably larger (Diameter) than would fit on the car. It would essentially slam into the starter and didn't have any chance of bolting up. After discussions with Monster, it was clear they sent a LS flywheel (with a LTx bolt pattern) and not the LTjuan that was needed. As folks know me, I'm pretty particular when I order oddball parts to confirm everything will be correct. They were good about the situation and provided an overnight shipping to get the clutch back to them.

Unfortunately this is where things slowed down a bit. The intent was this to be corrected quickly but it took longer than initially described. In any event, the clutch finally shipped last Thursday but via regular fedex ground so tracking says it will arrive today.

In the interim, Larry (TaKid455) has been getting everything else ready for the final install. He addressed a concern with the clutch slave and decided to hardline one of the lines to avoid a sideloading issue down the road. He had to modify the tunnel to account for the shifter now being pushed rearward by about 1.5". The trans crossmember also needed to be modified as well. He even had the foresight that if this car does go LS in the future, this crossmember can be reused. The driveshaft also needed to be shortened as well. I decided to replace the yolk and slip joint while I was there so the drivetrain sans the rear are all fresh. He has been great with communication, patience and sending me images of all the work. Hopefully the rest of the install goes smoothly and the bird will be back on the road shortly.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote