View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Paul Huryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320B4U View Post
headers...dyno dons if your familiar w/them are the best for tpi/3rd gens.
Thinking of doing headers, but I don't want to spend 20+ hours pulling off the new manifolds and putting headers in (I'm being lazy). So I picked up the magnaflow y-pipe and will use that along with the 3.5" mufflex cat-back. I am going to get a set of Dyno Don's to replace the 18 year old Arizona speed headers on my Camaro, along with a bigger motor (383 or 396).

The seats and seat belts are in rediculously good shape - no reason to think about changing them.

The original wheels are in almost perfect shape - no scrapes or dings. The tires the previous owner had on it are Cooper Xenon all seasons, which ride like marshmallows and handle like a wet noodle. I stuck a set of black CTW wheels with 275-40-17 Conti Extreme DW tires on it - rediculous improvement in handling and it rides firm (but not harsh) with a dead stock suspension.

Matt - the previous owner put in a K&N filter, and I pulled the MAF screens and put in a SLP airfoil yesterday. I certainly would like the change the intake setup for a better cold air system - too bad SLP CAI are very hard to find now. If you find the link, send it my way please. You are 5 minutes away from me - why don't you stop by some time?

I don't think I'm going to autocross the car - going to be a street ride. I find it amusing with the rules governing subframe connectors push a car into the heavily modified class when newer cars have them engineered in from the factory...