View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #75
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
What paint is he using? Did he reweld the seams while he was at it?
I would have been the one to re-work the seams. If he or Joe hadn't done the painting I wouldn't have. It was too much and I didn't feel like doing it. Now that it is done it looks really good.

The paint was Eastwood Chassis Black. I thought it would be really nice, but its waaaay too glossy. I didn't care what it looked like, but he couldn't get it how he wanted it so when he went to the store to get paint for the engine he got what he liked for other car, and it turned out REALLY nice. I think it was semi-flat black? He went over everything again and it looks great.

A few things happened today

Then this;

Then this;

And finally they are going to look great together;

Not to worry, that balancer/pulley has to be replaced with another. The LR4 looked terrible. It was COVERED in grease/oil, I honestly didnt think it was going to turn out that well, but I was pleasantly surprised. I got the aluminum pretty clean with some scotch brite and some "mag" wheel cleaner with the acid in it. I would like to to be brighter and less stains, but I would have to take all the cast stuff off, then bead it and then clear. I can live with it like this for now. I have sooooo much other stuff to do now and that is low on the priority list since now everything else is going to look like crap next to a clean/painted engine and sub-frame. I have to clean and paint everything else that is going in the engine compartment and on the engine.

Joe and I also contemplated putting Mike's engine in my car instead, not like he'd know for a while

Last edited by PolarBear; 04-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote