View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
firebirdat

We have updates!!! Its been long overdue but i have been busy at work and with other projects, F-body related and not related like a crotch rocket, quad, and an a 12 Valve Cummins into a 03 F250 6.0. Cant complain been pretty cool projects and they pay for my projects.

So i threw the idea of the LS6 intake out the window because their not as cheap as everyone makes them out to be, as well as getting harder to find. So i went with a BBK SSI intake because it was a steal of a price, still kinda skeptical of it. Also got the Professional Products fuel rail kit(skeptical of that too) and FAST 36lb Injectors as well as the HAWKS budget long tube headers. Car sat for awhile unloved while i saved for more parts and worked on the crotch rocket. Ordered all new stainless steel fuel lines, chinsy ass AC delete box, wiring harness, PCM, Walbro 255 fuel pump, new Dorman sending unit for 87-92. So i got to work on all of that stuff installed the tank with the sending unit and fuel pump, installed all break lines, popped the rear differential back in and bled the breaks. Started running my fuel lines all the way up to fuel rail in their factory location. I also ordered in the midst of all this battery relocation kit from summit to keep it NHRA legal, but the plastic box i received from summit was the right dimensions so now its just a really nice box in my garage since i made a fancy bracket/ shelf to hold the battery in the spare tire spot.
I then tackled the wiring, which after consulting with recommended manufacturers of harness i still went with PSI because they were able to ship my harness to me in 2 days. i spent about an hour labeling all the wires and then plugged them all into their proper location. Then i tackled what i thought was going to be the hardest part of the swap which was pretty easy with the help of a haynes manual, the C100 connector, deleted whatever wires i knew i no longer needed, after that i mounted my wiper motor back up along with the oil pressure sensor and fan motor. i then mounted my radiator and fans. Then probably around mid to late September i bit the bullet and bought LS7 flywheel and clutch through work. After that went through the slow process of double checking everything and filling up oil and coolant and making sure i had oil pressure, and late one night i fired it up for the first time!! after a solid 10 months i finally had a running non-driving LSX powered Trans Am!!!

Now onto my pics, sorry if their out of order or crappy some are digital camera some are cell phone.

Another project i worked on for friend in the meantime