View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
V
Stalker

ah ok, good so it is possible. Â* only thing is, i'm NOT paying 2300 for one. Â*I priced it out doing it myself with the help of my friend(a master welder) and my old boss(built his own 69 pro street camaro) and right now itll cost about 1000. Thats with getting the housing cut to correct width and the 3rd member and everything. Â*I need to find out now if the abs retaining setup/axles with rings are available seperately, i assume so, somewhere...

My whole obsession with doing everythign myself is for several reasons. first, i cant stand people who have modified cars and dont know crap about what exactly was done. I dont respect the type that brags about their car yet cant explain everything. Second, I can save ALOT of money doing it myself, i have the tools, the knowledge and the time(even if it takes months). finally i can take pride in doing it myself, my car will be insane when its done but i wont brag or race for money, no point, im building it just to do it and make people go wow. Anythign thing can be done yourself if you take the time to learn about it and go slowly. Thankfully i know many people who can help me out by supplying use of welders, litfs, and any piece of equipment or tool i dont have in my garage. I understand not everyone has these advantages, so if you dont and you have work done, be modest about your car, do not brag, cuz someday someone will shut u up bigtime. sorry just had to say all that. lol
V is offline   Reply With Quote