Thread: Not this again.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #2261
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

Minor updates.

Havent had much time to work on the car, also its been hot as balls and my garage lacks AC. But got some small not to labor intensive stuff done.

After watching the video of McFlayy's hood fly up after he crosses the trap, scared me enough to not only fab up a safety catch on the new front clip, but also add a second set of old school style hood pins. While they dont look the best, id rather be safe than sorry.

Originally wanted to run these, but due to the bubble of the cowl, there was little to no thread left on the pin by the time it passed through the hood. How slopped the hood is is something i didnt take into account when adding the tabs for the extra hood pins.

So one call to my buddy who makes fancy things out of blocks of metal, and we have these. 8" long with 5" of thread, aluminum pins. long enough to pass threw the hood, with plenty of meat on the bottom.

since new holes had to be drilled for the pins, it was time to change up the hood wrap as well. As much as i like the blue/black/grey moo cow look, it opted for something less beater bomb looking, that still was not just a plain black hood wrap.

opted for the full digi camo to match the berger instead of just the center of the cowl like i had it.

Just waiting on some small hardware to install the plates for the pins and its complete.

All the car is waiting on is a lower rad hose. Which i havent had luck finding one that fits, so some AN lines may be in my future.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote