View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
WayFast84

value autopaint?

I've been really interested in painting and autobody lately and want to start practicing on spare panels so I can be ready to do some serious parts in a few months. I need a value paint that is going to hold up, one project will be driven daily and one will sit in the garage for its whole life.

I've been reading about ppg shopline and it seems like this is the best when it comes to value/quality. I've also looked at kirker/summit/eastwood and that seems like its okay(less money) but it doesn't come in artic white(maybe it can be mixed if a local place has it) but I really want to stick with one company so I can get the reducers/clear and everything else in bulk but just enough base for each project.

I know what I'm getting into with buying cheaper products but these aren't going to be award winning cars. So do I have it right with ppg shopline? Any other options? What paint places wouldnt rip me off? All I know of is house of blaise in south plainfield. Do any sponsors here have color books and I can order from them? Thanks.