View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 03:35 PM   #17
V
Stalker

Today I fabbed up a tip for my shop vac to clean everything out. Worked very good. I have a little more final cleanup to do in the water jackets and then it'll as good as new. I also flushed the heater core which seems to be fine so I'm not concerned about that anymore. I flushed out the overflow tank as well so thats good too. I also pulled the coolant crossover/water pump housing and I'll flush it out too. It'll be easy with it off the motor. All hoses are also off and will be flushed out when I get the time. I will be ordering a new water pump and radiator.

After fully researching how/where to coolant flows on a Northstar, I feel confident I wont have any future issues with the stop leak. It enters and leaves the motor through the coolant crossover assembly. it goes into the block, then up to the head then back into the crossover and out to the radiator. heater hoses come off the coolant crossover too. There are a few other small coolant lines which i can check and clean, but I'm not afraid of a hidden buildup of stop-leak anymore. So, I'm going to go ahead and fix it.
V is offline   Reply With Quote