View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
88WS-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198esp1 View Post
dont worry about finishing last in your class. The guy that won your class is Tony C. he codrove my car last year and is really a top driver. You should have him drive your car to give you a base line on what you can get out of the car. It is always nice to know is it driver or car costing you time on the course. remember your new at this its going to take awhile to get good so dont compare times to drivers to much. remember seat time and more seat time. I left over 1.5 sec out there just because im rusty since it was my first event since october.
Yea I was BS-ing with Tony the whole time. Him and Jeff were in my class with white Mini Coopers and both are long time instructors so I knew I didn't have a chance. It would have been nice to beat the Civic Si and VW GTI in my class, but they are a lot more performance oriented than my Suzuki.

Rob was my instructor at the novice school and he liked the car when he ran it. He said he was surprised that just lifting the throttle could move the ass end through a turn considering it's FWD. One of the other novices had a 2dr Accord V6 that Rob also drove and he said it was night and day. I still wish I could run the IROC though...

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
- Henry F*rd
88WS-6 is offline   Reply With Quote