View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 05:57 AM   #70
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post
This is where GM f's themselves, every time. To get new feature 'A' you need to order the $50k model. Or wait an extra year or two, when it's not new anymore. Meanwhile, competitors offer the latest features across all tiers without making potential buyers wait.
It is a sign of the times. All the manufactures to it to some extent. Instead of just building the best vehicles possible they target segments, marketing, and other such calculated tactics. Seems to me the easiest way to sell anything is just to offer the best vehicle you can make for a competitive price.

I am thinking about spending the money on the EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee. 7k lbs towing and the new GC's are extremely nice. I think they are rated at 27 or 28 highway, on some of the jeep sites people are saying after they get some miles on them they are seeing 30-31 on straight highway road trips.

Along the lines of what Bishop said the Jeep is only available with the diesel in some of the higher trims so you are looking at about 42-43k at the cheapest. You can equip the Dodge 1500 diesel as low as about 36k on their site but that is more work truck than something most people would be willing to drive.

-Tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote