Thread: Skidpad testing
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by L695speed View Post
Empty lot with cones in a "regulation" skidpad layout? Thats how I'd do it. But naturally its probably frowned upon by locals. I'd go with Matt's idea. If you are up for a drive... I believe NJMP has one, I could be wrong though. I'm interested in figures stock 245/50s vs the typical 17x9.5 with 275/40 tires upgrade. I have a set of 215/65 15s if you want to try those too for comparisons sake. Though while the tires are pretty new, they're still economy tires, not sticky at all.

My brother drove a friend's dad's vette and he said while the GTA handles close the vette had a smoother ride. Has the idea that you can't have a car turn into a sports car without being designed as one from the start. I'd agree with him, however, size wise and etc, the F bodies are close to a vette from the start, at least from the C4s on up. I've heard rumors of GM detuning Fbodies so they don't embarrass the vette. The 2000 he drove had 275s. I'd wager if I put 275s on either TA I have they'd match the vette or come damn close. Particularly the 84 when I'm done with it I'd bet would give a vette a run for its money. Hence interested in results. I've driven a modded 2001 Z06, but not on a winding road so I can't really compare.
I call bunk.

C3 vettes handle like **** from the factory...
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote